SPS Travels takes you to the Ernakulam, the commercial capital of Kerala, fine communication facilities, excellent accommodation, modern amenities and a lot of attractive tourist places gives a breathtaking experience for its visitors and settlers. The district took its form on 1st April 1958, by carving out the areas of erstwhile Travancore, Kochi & Malabar kingdoms. The word Ernakulam was derived from a Tamil word 'Erayanarkulam' which means 'Lord Shiva's abode'.
Ernakulam is a commercial capital of Kerala and the most cosmopolitan of Kerala’s cities, Cochin is a fascinating blend of cultures. From time immemorial, it has been the favorite destination of globe-trotters and explorers. Blessed by one of the finest natural harbors in the world, Cochin has been eulogised as the Queen of the Arabian Sea. As the travels like SPS Travels have made easy to travel to Ernakulam.
In and around Cochin are several cities of monumental value, but step into Fort Cochin, and you are in a totally different world. The Chinese fishing nets, the Jewish Synagogue, the Dutch palace, the Portuguese and British Architecture, all finely blend with the rich heritage of the land, intricately woven folklore and fact. With an international airport, an international sea port and a busy network of road and rail transport, the city is well connected to the rest of the world. You can either board a bus or hire a three-wheeled auto rickshaw. If you prefer the ferry, the trip begins either from the Main Boat Jetty or the Terminus Jetty near Willington Island. These palces can be seen by visiting the place like Ernakulam by SPS Travels
Kochi, the commercial and industrial capital of Kerala, has one of the finest natural harbours in the world. Ancient mariners from Arabia, China, Holland, Britain and Portugal have all left their mark on this beautiful island city which is in the Ernakulam can be visited through SPS Travels
One of the finest natural harbours on the Arabian Sea coast, Kochi, earlier known as Cochin has been a port of call for foreign traders from early times. Its cosmopolitan character is reflected in the buildings and structures representing different regions of the world. A city of peninsulas and islands, today it is Kerala's(Ernakulam) commercial hub by SPS Travels
Kerala's prime tourist destination, it spreads across islands and promontories in a stunning location between the Arabian Sea and Backwaters. Its main sections modern Ernakulam in the east and the old districts of Mattancherry and Fort Cochin on a peninsula in the west are linked by a complex system of ferries.
Ernakulam (Cochin) is located on the coast of the Arabian Sea with Kumarakom and Allapuzha districts on the South, Idukki on the East and Thrissur on the North. The commercial capital and the most cosmopolitan city of Kerala, Kochi, in ernakulam, is also known as the Queen of the Arabian Sea.With one of the finest natural barbours in the world, Ernakulam was once a manor centre of commerce and trace with the british, arabs, chinese, portuguese, dutch etc.this can be viewed by facilities provided by travels like SPS Travels
Cochin - Ernakulam (kochi) ..A city tucked in the beauty of coconut palms and endless blue waters is one of the important towns in South India, with a natural harbour. It is the commercial hub of Kerala. Kochi is a dynamic city with soaring land prices and rapidly industrialising suburbs. A trading port since Roman times, it lies on the main trade route between Europe and China. The travel called SPS Travels to make the thing easier, these travel will provide the best to travel to the Ernakulam.
The town has three main parts- Fort Cochin, Willington Island and Ernakulam SPS Travels . Fort Cochin (Fort Kochi) occupies the South promontory on the sea ward side of the Bay. In 1920, Willington Island was created by dredging the bay to increase the depth of the entrance to the harbour. Across the causeway from Willington Island is Ernakulam. The Bolghatty Island, a long narrow peninsula, is situated at the opposite side of Ernakulam jetty. The Vypeen island is another peninsula situated beyond the Bolghatty island.
Book online bus tickets to Ernakulam by SPS Travels
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Ernakulam
Book online bus tickets to Palani By SPS Travels
Palani SPS Travels is a city and a municipality in the Dindigul district of the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu. Palani is pronounced using the special 'L' used in Tamil and is also spelt as "Pazhani" in English. It is located about 60 km from the city of Dindigul. It is a famous pilgrimage town and every year more than 7 million devotees visit the Palani Murugan Temple and offer their prayers to the Lord Muruga. This temple draws the largest number of devotees in Tamil Nadu.
In Palani SPS Travels the below places can be visited
1) Murugan Temple - This is the prime attraction in Palani. One has top climb 670 steps to reach the temple. Alternatively ,there is a Haulage Winch (a small rope train) and a Rope Car to goto the temple on the top of the hill. From the hill top, one can have a beautiful view of entire Palani town and the agricultural places around it.
2) Tiru Avinankudi Temple is in the foot of the Palani Hills. This is oldest and largest temple. Usually before going to the main hill temple, devotees visit this temple.
3) Mariamman Kovil is one of the famous temples in the surrounding area. This temple is located about 1 km from the bus stand.
4) Periyanayaki amman kovil or Aanai Kovil is one of the oldest temples in Palani. This temple is carved out of stones. There won't be much crowd in this temple.
5) Kuthiraiyar Dam Falls - located near Pappampatti, Palani. It has a water falls at the back of the dam. Once you reach the dam, one can find the way to go to falls with the help of the local villagers. There is a small trekking route available to reach the Kumbai which is about 1 km from the falls.
6) Thekkanthottam - another small water falls near the Palani. Water from this place is taken into Palani through pipes and stored in Palani Hill Water Tank named as Water dam, which then distributed to Palani after filtration. To reach this water falls, you have to take bus from Palani and get down at Thekkan thottam, where there is a forest department check post. From the village you have to walk 3 to 4 km to reach the falls. The places on the are beautiful and pleasant. On the way you can find a small dam. after that the path becomes difficult. Actually there is no pathway after this point. you have to climb small rocks and find your own way. you can find many small water falls of about 6 to 7 feet height. The mountain on the two sites of the path looks really good and dense. There is no way of getting lost in the forest, as you can always find your way back by following the water ways.
7) In Palani, Varathamanathi Dam - A picnic spot where children can amuse themselves. It is on the way to Thekkanthottam and about 7 km from Palani. you can reach there by city buses and buses bound for Kodaikanal.
Palani Hills is part of the oldest mountain range that can be found in India. This mountain range dates back to the prehistoric Pre-Cambrian period and is made up of such rock types as gneisses, charnockites, and schists. Located in the southern portion of India, the Palani Hills portion of the mountain range is named well since it is a terrain that is more hilly than actually mountainous. It is found on the eastern portion of the Western Ghats. The green plant life of the town is utterly breathtaking and pristine.
Palani is one of the tourists place and can be viewed by SPS Travels
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Palani
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Palani
About SPS Travels: